The value of keeping skills and knowledge current is widely acknowledged. The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) was launched in 2002, with the aim of providing assurance and confidence to the public and employers that all exercise professionals on the Register are appropriately qualified and have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform their role effectively.
Exercise Anywhere has always supported the concept of REPS since its inception; indeed, Mike Rollason (Director of Exercise Anywhere) was one of the founder members of REPS. Professionalism and high standards are important to us as an organisation. We are proud of the instructors we have trained over the years and constantly receive feedback from members of the public praising the quality of our instructors.
It is clear the best instructors are the ones who actively keep their education up to date via reading, attending workshops and further training . To date, Exercise Anywhere continuous professional development (CPD) has always been recognised by REPS. However, we are aware that not all of our Delivery Partners are members of REPS. They have told us that the CPD offering by REPS is not relevant for Nordic Walking Instructors and as self-employed instructors there is no need to join the register. For that reason, we have decided to remove the requirement for instructors to be members of REPS and we are excited to launch a brand new and exclusive Nordic Walking UK CPD recognition programme.
Full Delivery Partners will be given free membership, and will be provided with a special recognition logo to indicate their professional status. In order to maintain this status , there will be a requirement to gain a minimum of 3 NWUK CPD points per year.
Points are awarded in the following ways:
- 2pts: attending the Exercise Anywhere Instructor Convention or Roadshow event
- 2pts: attending a NWUK education practical cpd module
- 1pt: completing an online learning module recognised by Exercise Anywhere Academy
- 1pt: Attending a support workshop or discovery day.
- 1pt: delivering a special Nordic walking event locally, which promotes the uptake of Nordic walking in your community
- 1pt: supporting other instructors, walk leaders or clients to improve their skills through further skills training
The Exercise Anywhere Academy commits to ensuring there is a constantly evolving CPD offering, enabling access to a variety of training that meets your needs in order to run a successful and prosperous business.